Following up on its extensive rating review of recent vintage CMBS, Fitch Ratings published  the  first  in  a  series  of U.S. CMBS performance reports aimed at delivering to investors the highest level of transparency and opinion on the transactions it rates.

The new publications are called U.S. CMBS Focus reports will offer an extensive level of detail on individual CMBS transaction performance  originated  between 2006 and 2008.

According to a press release from the rating agency, included in the reports are increased  commentary  providing its perspective on loan and pool level performance; an in-depth review of the top 15 loans; the rating agency’s loss forecast for the deal; individual modeled losses for the top 15 loans; as well as rating sensitivity analysis for each bond with a Negative Outlook.

The first two reports are on the following two transactions: Morgan Stanley Capital I Trust, Series 2008-TOP29 and  Credit  Suisse  Commercial  Mortgage  Trust,  Series  2007-C1, which were
published earlier today. They will be followed over the next four weeks by over 75 additional reports on 2006-2008 Fitch-rated CMBS. 

The reports' content reflects  the input of numerous investors  as well as other market players who have asked for a greater level  of detail, more in-depth analysis and more opinionated commentary on  CMBS transaction performance in light of the declining commercial mortgage collateral performance.

The rating agency completed its third-quarter review of 2006-2008 CMBS deals earlier this  month.  The  review  resulted in rating  affirmations  for 80% of the tranches  by  balance  (totaling $186.1 billion), and downgrades for the remaining 20% ($44.3 billion).

Fitch is planning quarterly updates for its U.S. CMBS Focus reports.

Subscribe Now

Access to a full range of industry content, analysis and expert commentary.

30-Day Free Trial

No credit card required. Access coverage of the securitization marketplace, including breaking news updated throughout the day.