Thomson Financial plans to unveil six new CDO league tables this month. They include the following:
* Arbitrage CDOs - This is the most inclusive league table designed to capture CDO transactions which have funded assets regardless of the form of the liabilities or risk transfer mechanism and all transactions backed by collateral using CDO Methodology, including funded and unfounded risk-transfer tranches. It includes 2a7 eligible, Auction Rate Securities, Commercial Paper and Money Market and supersenior risk-transfer tranches. However it excluded balance sheet CLOs.
* Funded Arbitrage CDOs - This table would capture CDO transactions that have funded assets and funded liabilities and includes 2a7 eligible auction rate securities, Commercial Paper and Money Market. However, supersenior risk-transfer tranches are not included. Balance sheet CLOs are excluded.
* Funded Arbitrage CDOs - This table would capture deals with rated and offered CDO tranches. It excludes 2a7 eligible, Auction Rate Securities, Commercial Paper, Money market tranches and balance sheet CLOs.
* Balance Sheet CLOs - All transaction which use CDO Methodology to collateralize corporate loans originated by banks and currently held on the collateralizing banks' balance sheet.
* Synthetic - All synthetic CDOs based on the full notional value.
* Synthetic - All synthetic CDOs based on the amount of liabilities rated.
Source: Thomson Financial
Copyright 2004 Thomson Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.